1. The file is HUGE, sorry. And my scanner won't pick up the pencil lines, so I had to photograph the pages.
2. This is the final project for my advanced drawing class. It is a 20 page hand-drawn, hand-bound hardcover book.
3. Alma is based off a real old lady who lived in my dad's assisted living facility. She was in her 90s with severe Alzheimer's, and had almost no short term memory. As a result, my dad would make up a new (over-the-top) identity and reason for his being in a wheelchair whenever he talked to her, which she would promptly forget, making room for a new story.
4. In the book, in between each two-page spread is the day of the week...and the story is much better relayed in book form than like this. :c I'm trying to find a better way to present it digitally (maybe an interactive "page-turner" via Flash or something?)
5. Materials: Reeves BFK offwhite paper, Graphite, book board, book cloth (made by me), unwaxed thread. Everything is hand-cut and hand-made.